It’s not often that this blog posts the same content as Deadspin. While I admit to being the copycat the first time around, I must give myself a big pat on the back for beating the mega blog to the punch in round two.
Here is the audio of the full press conference… listen for my followup question where I say “Coach, you were playing Big Blue, you were playing John Wall… how’d you keep it so close?” Coles responds by saying “I like you! Oh yeah, he’s from Miami. Thank you. I see you were awake tonight.”
Here is a collection of comments I’ve seen on various postings of the video…
- When UK has a coaching change again after Coach Cal, this is who I want as UK’s coach!!! LOL
- love to see reporters get put in thier place, i’ll be watching for Charlie the rest of the season now!
- Lol cool coach
- This is one of the funny yet polite of a meltdown from a coach.
- I didn’t know Bill Cosby coached basketball.
- I would love to trespass on that grumpy old man’s property, just to hear a three minute folksy rant about getting off his lawn.
- I think Charlie Coles just ran away with the Walter White “Guys You Think Might Be Black but Have to Check Wikipedia for Verification” Award
- this is precisely why I love charlie. He doesn’t even coach the team anymore, one of the assistants takes care of that. We just keep him around for stuff like this